Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting fresh

So when the last ProApps update and Snow Leopard came hand in hand about 3-4 months ago I foolishly installed them without backing them up forgetting that Qmaster is simultaneously the most powerful and most fragile piece of software I've ever used. What happened is Qmaster no longer recognized clusters of any kind, specifically what I had before was multi-instance cluster on my own machine so I could get all 16 virtual cores cranking (which worked beautifully- until I upgraded).

What I've been doing since then is using Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my main drive so I can boot up in an identical environment and test fixes. I can't afford the time to start fresh with a new install of OS X on a clean drive, but I am willing to reinstall FCS2 or Logic Studio 9 in order to get Qmaster to work. So the question is, how to I destroy EVERYTHING that comes into contact with Qmaster? I have tried Digital Rebellion's FCS remover and did a complete reinstall to no avail. Again I don't know whether it was OS 10.6.3/4 (forgot which) that killed it or the ProApps update, so anything could be to blame. Is there a way possibly to kill the ProApps update and revert to an earlier version? Maybe the same for OS X? Are there some network shenanigans getting in the way that I need to free up?

I'm not trying to connect to other computers for cluster computing, I'm just trying to get Qmaster to recognize the cluster I've had (and have remade many times in testing fixes) to appear in the cluster drop-down list again. It's just not right to be using a quarter of what this machine can do only.

Mac Pro Octo2.26GHz Nahalem, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4870, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 2:35 AM

There are no replies.

Starting fresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.