Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacts transfer between iphones

How do I transfer contacts from an Phone 3GS to an iPhone 4?
Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 12:07 PM

13 replies

Oct 21, 2010 7:14 PM in response to james bond 000007

From the "Contacts" section of the manual Page 56:

"Contacts
Sync contacts with applications such as Mac OS X Address Book, Yahoo! Address Book, and Google Contacts on a Mac, or with Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), Windows Contacts (Vista and Windows 7), or Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010 on a PC. (On a Mac, you can sync contacts with multiple applications. On a PC, you can sync contacts with one application at a time.)"

http://manuals.info.apple.com/enUS/iPhone_iOS4_UserGuide.pdf

If you have not been syncing with your computer for some reason, then make sure you have at least one unique contact on the computer when you first sync. This should give you the option to merge the data. Otherwise it may replace the contacts on iphone with contacts from the computer.

Mar 14, 2014 8:47 AM in response to barbaradp

As far as I know iPhone 3GS is not compatible with iOS5 and iCloud. So you will need to create a backup of your old phone using iTunes and restore it to new iPhone. If you find this method difficult, try MobileGo iPhone Manager.

With MobileGo you can transfer all the data such as contacts, SMS, music, apps, photos etc. from your old iPhone to your new iPhone without iTunes. Visit the following link to download this program

http://www.video-converter-mac.org/transfer-contacts-from-iphone-to-iphone/

Feb 18, 2016 12:06 AM in response to james bond 000007

james bond 000007Oct 21, 2010 7:09 PM Re: contacts transfer between iphones
in response to barbaradp

Can u name a standard contact program where I can transfer my
Contacts

Hi James,

Do you mean the iPhone Transfer? That a tool used by most iPhone users, and but I suggest you to use iCloud, you can go to web iCloud and export the contact to outlook and then sign in the outlook on your another iPhone. So that you can transfer contact between iPhone. Re: How to do Contacts transfer from iPhone to another iPhone? (Look at this post from Apple Discussions)

Here is the image:

User uploaded file

contacts transfer between iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.