Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10 Poor Sound Quality (distorted)

I have distorted sound quality after installing iTunes 10. This is noticeable when previewing music in the iTunes store also. All other medial players sound good, as did the previous version of iTunes (9x?). I have read some complaints online regarding this issue, but haven't seen anything on Apple discussions. Any suggestions?

Compaq Presario, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 20, 2010 12:40 PM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2010 7:18 AM in response to Don14254

Same thing here! More weird is that playing anything on my iphone3G now also sounds heavily distorted just like on iTunes. First I thought iTunes damaged my music and movies and synched them to my iPhone, but now I found out that even playing realtime streaming content like YouTube movies play distorted on my iPhone.

The crazy thing is on my laptop it only sounds distorted over earphone, but not on builtin speaker.

It drives me really nuts, I've already swapped my iPhone3G for an Android2.1 phone (much better).

Apple isn't fixing and keeps silent like nothing wrong, so they can't be trusted anymore.
No more overpriced, fried air and broken Apple crap prisons for me, I've had it with that company!!!

iTunes 10 Poor Sound Quality (distorted)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.