Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Annotation for Mac and iPad

Is there any app I can use to annotate PDF files, have them sync to my Mac, continue annotation on the Mac, have them sync back to my iPad continue annotation there, and so on?

I was looking at iAnnotate by Aji, but it seems to be missing the Mac component. That is, it seems that I can sync the PDFs between the iPad and the Mac, but there doesn't seem to be any Aji companion program for Mac that I can use to annotate them there.

Any ideas?

MP Dual Quad Core 3.2Ghz/8GB/4TB+RAID5, 30" CD | 17" MBP C2D : 2.33Ghz/3GB/160GB, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 5:38 AM

8 replies

Mar 8, 2012 1:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

There are plenty of apps that let you annotate pdfs on one platform or the other. But the holy grail would be a pair of apps — one for the ipad and one for the mac — that are able not only (1) to annotate pdfs and (2) to read the annotations created by the app on the other platform BUT ALSO (3) to EDIT the annotations created on the other platform. I gather that pdfpen is working toward this using icloud sync. It's not my favorite annotator on either platform, but I might consider using it if it does a good job making my pdfs genuinely multi-platform. Any other options?

Feb 27, 2013 5:45 AM in response to Ilandy

Purchased neu.annotate ($2). Annotated existing pdf document in Preview on the Mac. Uploaded to DropBox. Opened neu.annotate on my iPad. Imported the file from DropBox. NADA, Nothing, I don'd see any comments done with Preview. The worst part is yet to come: I annotated that same file with neu.annotate, exported to DropBox. Open the file with Preview on the Mac. Now I can see the comments I wrote with neu.annotate on the iPad, but the comments I previousely added to this file with Preview disapeared !!!!!

PDF Annotation for Mac and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.