Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete an event using .ics file

I am trying to update my iCal diary via emailed .ics files from my web server (windows machine).
Any .ics file that contains a new event is imported fine. If that event needs to be cancelled the original code did not work with ical but works on the windows machine. The code is:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:CANCEL
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:aTjXC8r6O1izYGQdg92sAQ==@lookinthediary.com
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

I have revised the code and it now deletes the event BUT creates an unnamed event in my calendar at exactly the same time as the script runs. ie delete event on the 15/10/2010 but create a new event on the day at the time. DUH!! There is no code in there that creates an event.
Any help would be appreciated. New code is:

Oddly enough the code below also deletes the event (and creates the unnamed event) without any instruction to do so. Is this a bug?

Imac intel 2x G5, powerbook........, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 11:34 AM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2010 11:26 AM in response to JohnClark

I'm having a very similar issue. Mine is just that cancelled events don't get removed from iCal. The same .ics file removes the requested event from outlook and from entourage, but not iCal. What's up with that?

PRODID:-//NMU//Time Management Assistant
UID:123456
SEQUENCE:2

PRODID:-//NMU//Time Management Assistant
UID:123456
SEQUENCE:2

delete an event using .ics file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.