Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hyperlink to iWeb Page not working

I have created an iWeb page. I have a hyperlink to the page on a document. The hyperlink takes me to a mobile me error page ie "We can't find the page you requested. Please make sure the URL is spelled and capitalized correctly, and try again."
Yet if I copy and paste the exact same url I have entered in the hyperlink filed into the address bar on Safari it goes to the right page no problems.
Any ideas please?

iMac 3.06 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 22, 2010 3:17 PM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2010 5:22 PM in response to Sandra Davie

Is that the page you're trying to link to in the PDF document?

I was able to place a hyperlink in an rtfd text file and and Word 2008 document to your web page that works. The link in the Word document takes about 5 to 7 seconds to get to Safari and open the Page. The rtfd document, created with Bean
Bean, a great, free word processor, opens the page in Safari almost immediately.

In Work I used the Insert ➙ Hyperlink menu option and entered the URL of you page and the text to use as the link. For the Bean document I clicked and dragged the link title at the top of your web page onto the Bean page and saved as a rtfd formatted file. If the page is saved as a plain text document the hyperlink is lost.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

If I do a Print ➙ PDF ➙ Save as PDF from Bean I get a working link in the resulting PDF file. But with Word the link does not work.

Sep 23, 2010 7:36 PM in response to Old Toad

Links in a document created in Bean are preserved in any of the formats in the File/Export list.

For a Terms & Conditions page like the OP has, I usually create it in Bean and export as HTML and upload it to the server so that I can display it in a scrolling iFrame on an iWeb page. This is due to the fact that T & Cs usually run to 3 or more pages!

Sep 24, 2010 12:37 AM in response to Sandra Davie

Sandra Davie wrote:
http://web.me.com/hometechbop/Site/AlexanderTrading_Trust_T_A_Hometech_Tauranga_–_Terms_%26_Conditions_ofTrade.html

Bonjour

Your URL is too complicated! Rename your page in iWeb sidebar . Give it a simple name like "conditions" (one word). You will have a good URL. If you want to display "Alexander Trading Trust T/A Hometech Tauranga – Terms & Conditions of Trade", paste it in a text box, not in the page name, not in the navigation menu.

when I paste your URL in a document only this part is used to make the link
http://web.me.com/hometechbop/Site/AlexanderTrading_Trust_T_A_Hometech_Tauranga

URL part is missing :
Terms_%26_Conditions_ofTrade.html

Hyperlink to iWeb Page not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.