9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 8:47 AM by Matthew Lenda
avi39b Level 1 (0 points)
Hi I have the 2.4ghz 2010 april macbook pro running on the latest Snow leopard.

When I did pmset -g log in the terminal many suspicious activity was detected, could you please tell me how to fix it? It seemed to start after installing VMWARE Fusion

* Domain: applicationresponse.timedout
- Message: Kernel cupsd com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms
- Time: 10-09-16 9:45:17 AM PDT
- Signature: cupsd
- UUID: 87A2C448-A349-4608-BBD4-8924A3235A89
- Result: Noop
- Response time (ms): 30000

* Domain: applicationresponse.slowresponse
- Message: PMConnection IPConfiguration com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.slowresponse 1508 ms
- Time: 10-09-16 4:59:12 PM PDT
- Signature: IPConfiguration
- UUID: 61A1EACF-F310-4ADB-963E-5310008D60AC
- Response time (ms): 1508

* Domain: applicationresponse.slowresponse
- Message: PMConnection AirPort configd plug-in com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.slowresponse 1504 ms
- Time: 10-09-16 4:59:12 PM PDT
- Signature: AirPort configd plug-in
- UUID: 61A1EACF-F310-4ADB-963E-5310008D60AC
- Response time (ms): 1504

THOSE 3 repeated themselves many times in the terminal. Please help!

Thanks,
Avi

Macbook pro 13" 2.4ghz, April 13 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Tuttle Level 7 (29,470 points)
    Kernel cupsd com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms

May be an issue with a printer. Anything stuck in a queue?
  • avi39b Level 1 (0 points)
    hi, no i don't think so, i have already reset the printer....
  • thereisnothing Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having the exact problem on the same model of Macbook Pro 13 (2.4GHz). It would sleep instantly after I close it lid until about a week ago. I really want to know what happen.
  • mightyfifi Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having the same problem. Seemed to happen right after a firmware update. Even when I have no programs running it still goes to sleep slow. I'm running snow leopard on a macbook pro (the last model of the previous design).

Right now my Mac shuts down faster than it sleeps. Apple, that is wrong.
  • aftr101 Level 1 (0 points)
    Message: Kernel cupsd com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms

this is most likely a printer problem. open your printer & fax preference pane and check the print queue for each printer you have listed there. i'm almost certain you've got a messed up job in there somewhere. alas, this won't necessarily entirely fix your sleep issues, since you have several other slow processes in your log.
  • KirbyAWD Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks for this. Had an old job stuck in the queue from work holding up my mbp's sleep. Because I wasn't at that network any more, apparently it kept trying, and killed a good bit of battery too.
  • buridan Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks Tuttle and aftr101!
    Deleting stuck print jobs did it for me – the MacBook Pro again sleeps instantly like it used to
  • spacezi Level 1 (0 points)
    Checking and clearing the print queue fixed the slow to sleep problem on my MacBookPro too.

I had a job queued on a printer that was shared from another Mac that I was not even connected to any longer. I removed the queued job and deleted the printer and it sleeps pretty much instantly now. Easy. Yay!
  • Matthew Lenda Level 1 (140 points)
    Holy smokes, clearing the queue worked!

I had 3 printers with paused queues. (Incidentally, they are all 3 states away!)

I only started experiencing the slow sleep problem a few Leopard updates ago -- I'm on a first-gen unibody Macbook Pro, which still runs like a tank. Thought maybe it was limited to my build gen. Guess not!