Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3D PDF Files

Does anyone know if there is or if anyone is developing a 3D PDF File viewer. My iPad can do everything I need out on the road except for this. I have 3D CAD files of machinery sent to me from my head office in Spain to show customers but have to take my laptop to show them. If anyone from Adobe reads this please help I sure I'm not the only who would benefit from this app.

Cheers

Steve

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iPhone 4, iPad 64GB 3G

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 11:19 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2010 3:44 AM in response to Twhersh

I would love 3d PDF to work on the iPad.

So far the best I have found is 3DVIA, which I can export directly from Solidworks. However, what I'd really like to do is create a presentation as a PDF that includes slides, videos and 3D elements and play it directly on the iPad. If anyone works this out please let us know!

www.factorydesign.co.uk

May 24, 2011 2:03 PM in response to leebaz

Hi - We at Tetra 4D are working on a 3D PDF Viewer for iOS and are very interested in hearing how you would use it. We have the core technology required to support both an iPhone and iPad solution that would including viewing a 3D PDF, but we have not figured out what the UI would be like and what sort of data the users would want to view.

There is also complications related to Flash, javascript and XFA PDF Forms that are still unanswered. Would these be a requirement of the solution? Would you like the app to function like Acrobat Reader. What are you thoughts. email me at mobileplatforms@tetra4d.com as i would like to hear them. If there is enough of an interest, i plan on hosting a collaborative scoping session, were i would status the technology, what the vision is, and then have a public discussion on what features would be value added based on users and the operating environments.

Craig Trudgeon - CTO

3D PDF Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.