Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.0.1.: Old Shortcut »Reveal in Finder« doesn’t work

Hi.

With the update to version 10.0.1. the old Shortcut »Reveal in Finder« [ + R] is disappeared. Now you must click [Shift +  + R] to get to the original files in the Finder. Even if you would move the old shortcut via System Preferences, this does not work in iTunes. It’s a mystery to me why developers have done this. In all MacOS programs this shortcut is uniformly [ + R], only iTunes is breaking ranks ... .

Mactheny.

MacBook Pro Core2Duo 17", Mac OS X (10.6.4), CinemaDisplay 23"

Posted on Sep 25, 2010 4:11 AM

9 replies

Oct 8, 2010 9:05 AM in response to kmori

I'm afraid I couldn't override the shortcut using System Preferences either, even though it showed the correct shortcuts in the menus. It seems that Cmd+R is tied to refreshing the iTunes Store window, whatever you do in System Preferences.

The only way I could get round this problem was to use a shortcuts utility, in my case 'Spark' by Shadow Lab, which forces the shortcuts you want onto the application, even though the original shortcuts are shown in the iTunes menus.

iTunes 10.0.1.: Old Shortcut »Reveal in Finder« doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.