Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean up Mail

I have more than 4000 incoming messages in mail and want to clean up the inbox.

I found that one solution is to put them in folders in the category "in my mac". That will establish be saved as mbox files in the Mailboxes in the library for Mail under my user name.

Does it mean that these messages in a way is saved outside Mail and is not a burden for the Mail program.

Or is it better to Archive the mailboxes from the folder "On my Mac" to another location as mbox files and then delete these folders from the "On my Mac" folder.

The point for me is to clean up so that the folders does not burden the mail program.

The best solution for me is to organize the messages in folders in the "On my Mac" folder in mail.

In that way they will always be at hand and I don't have to go through an import process to get them back.

But I am a bit unsure if that solution will be a burden for the Mail program.

Intel Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 12:52 AM

There are no replies.

Clean up Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.