Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! - X3 Terran Conflict problems (I am using an I5 27")

I couldn't find a gaming section so here we go:

I have installed the game, it has detected the latest patches, but the performance is mystifyingly horrendous.

The game detect the graphics card etc and set to the recommended settings,resolution is as the best setting, graphics and shading is on high, AA and something else if mid.

I get game crashing, frame rate problems as so bad it's unplayable, juddering, freezing, screen tear. I reduce the setting right down on this resolution, the game crashes less but the rest is still poor.

I have also reduced the resolution and the setting down and it's still a bag of spanners.

X3 Terran Conflict requires
intel cpu 2.16 or higher ----------------------- I have the 2.8 I5
1GB RAM ----------------------------------- I have 4GB RAM
geforce 8600, radeon x16000 or newer 256MB------- I have ATI Radeon HD 5750 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Surely this should run great?

Has anyone else got this, game what are you running it on and how is it performing?

27" IMAC I5, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 12:35 PM

1 reply

HELP! - X3 Terran Conflict problems (I am using an I5 27")

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.