Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Crashes when importing Music Library

HI

my Hard drive crashed but i have backup of my music and the music library ( from itunes 9)

i want to import the music library to itunes 10 ( to have my playlists back) but when i start importing it crashes.

also, do i have to put the music back in the music folder first and then import the music library or what are the correct steps to do i?

PowerBook G4 1.33 GHz PowerPC G4, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 1:34 PM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2010 3:27 PM in response to Chris CA

Hi Chris

I copied my bakcup itunes folder to the new itunes folder and everything seamed ok. But with time itunes asks me for the location of some songs... and they are a lot. I also had a problem that the songs i found where moved to the itunes/media/music ( new in itunes 10,) and i had everything in itunes/music ( as in ituens 9) what can i do to fix the file search path ? changing one by one takes a lot of time

thanks

iTunes Crashes when importing Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.