Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

24 fps and Final Cut Express

I know that Final Cut Express doesn't edit native 24 fps footage. However, I was wondering what is going on when I take 24 fps footage and convert it to AIC for import into FCE. This is my normal workflow, no matter what frame rate I shot the footage in. It just so happens that my last project was shot at 24 fps. After using MPEG Streamclip to batch convert the video files (from a Canon 550D) to AIC and importing them into FCE, the item properties for each clip show a vid rate of 23.98. Doesn't this frame rate get "adjusted" by FCE when rendered? Just curious. But it's important, especially when I need to set up project properties for LiveType. What settings should I be using? Custom? Thanks.

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 8:14 PM

4 replies

24 fps and Final Cut Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.