Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New AppleTV Video Playlist Continuation?

Has anyone had issues with video playlists not continuing to the next video? I have turned on "ALL" playlists in the Apple TV Audio/Video settings and am in the playlist; however, when the first video ends, the next video does not start, it just goes back to the playlist.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jordan

2nd Gen Apple TV, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 8:50 PM

18 replies

Sep 30, 2010 12:22 AM in response to jvrousseau

Is there still a Music>Music Videos>Shuffle selection ?

Any shuffle option under the Playlist itself?

From memory the old AppleTV would not play video playlists in sequence, I may be wrong.

Might be worth perusing the Settings menus in case something has been added wih regarded to continuous play option (I doubt it but you never know).

Message was edited by: Alley_Cat

Sep 30, 2010 11:43 AM in response to jvrousseau

jvrousseau wrote:
This happens to me when it is a playlist of TV Shows.

Old apple TV: works like any other playlist. Plays one TV Show right after the other.

New apple TV: plays one show at a time (you have to manually select the next show and hit play to begin the next show in the playlist)

What a pain in the neck - I've set up video playlists of short TV shows for the kids on the old AppleTV to stop them having to reselect all the time.

Early days though - send feedback to Apple.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

May 22, 2011 12:11 AM in response to jvrousseau

I've had my Apple TV about 6 months and I have a series of a tv show that I'd like to just run in a video playlist and forget about it. However, It will play one, maybe two videos, then skip the next one in sequence which makes the whole thing hang there trying to load. The system is NOT frozen. I can hit the menu key and it will go back to the previous track in the playlist, where I manually select the next track and press play. Then all is good until the end of the episode. It may or may not continue for one or two more episodes. I know that the key to why this happens is that it's skipping an episode. Then it just sits there with the wheel spinning trying to play it. I did have Apple Care support try to help me once with this issue but rebooting the ATV and rebooting my network does NOT fix it. It would be cool if there was some solution to this. It's not a show stopper cause I LOVE the AppleTV. It is just the coolest device. Has anyone here actually fixed this issue?

Jun 3, 2011 6:45 AM in response to Kriss001

Just to make sure I'm on the same page. My goal was to LOOP through a playlist of videos I created in my iTunes library.

I made the following changes to the default Apple TV settings...

In the AppleTV menu:

Settings / Audio & Video / Show Playlists ----- Set to ALL (default is Audio only)

Settings / Audio & Video / Repeat Music ------ Set to YES (default is No)

TADA!!!!

Jun 3, 2011 9:52 AM in response to tcam2000

I might try this setting but it's not an issue for me of repeating the playlist, it's actually getting the playlist to just continue after one tv episode finishes. Apple software update didn't fix the issue. It's easy enough to hit the menu and start the next episode manually but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a playlist.

Jun 3, 2011 3:10 PM in response to tcam2000

It's not an issue of the videos playing. they play perfectly. I ripped them myself from my dvds. It's only the playlist won't keep playing. It stalls when skipping to the next video. Exactly what happens is.. it misses the next video in sequence and tries to play the following one That somehow causes the playback to "stall" and it won't load the video. It's not frozen. I can hit menu and it instantly jumps back to the playllist where I select the correct episode, then hit play and all is well. It's only a playlist issue.

Jun 8, 2011 4:28 PM in response to jvrousseau

The same problem is plaguing me. I created a new support discussion before my browser updated it's cache to show the more current responses (anyone else notice that Safari is kinda slow and buggy recently?) and it is located here.

Anyway, I detailed what I have done to try and rectify the issue, but to no success. Hopefully if someone finds a way to get this back in line, that would be great. I bought the two Apple TVs specifically for looping video playlists and now I regret the purchases even though they worked fine for 2 or so months.

Thanks to everyone who can help!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3107443

New AppleTV Video Playlist Continuation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.