Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube not working on 2nd generation Apple TV

I found a few posts on here regarding Youtube issues but none similar to what I'm seeing. I just recently, within the last 24 hours, setup my new, 2nd generation Apple TV. I have successfully linked to my home content as well as the internet. I can see movie trailers, listen to the radio, watch podcasts etc. Yet my youtube feature doesn't work at all. Any request to do anything, such as access "Featured", "Most viewed", "Search" result in "No content was found - There is a problem communicating with YouTube. Try again later". All this without logging in - because I can't log in.

Certainly, there must be a better way to troubleshoot this - assuming it is my problem.

thanks.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 8:17 AM

34 replies

Oct 3, 2010 9:01 AM in response to martywaz

My problem is the same.

apple tv serial number ym810091ysw
software version 3.0.2
150 gb

Working on wifi network connection is fine

syncs fine with my mac

downloads fine with podcasts, trailers, flkr foto's

does not log on to my mobileme account
does not connect to youtube

I did a factory reset. tried youtube and logging in to mobileme to no avail.

Did software update. that downloaded fine and installed with no problem
reconnected to my router.
All tests gave same result.

So what is going on Apple

I am thinking it is conveniënt for apple to sell the new cheaper version is this problem does not get adressed. I know it sounds cynical and it probally is. But please Apple get this fixed.

Best regards
Rufus Kohn

Oct 4, 2010 6:37 AM in response to Rufuskohn

Update to my situation.

In looking at some other features, I also noticed one of my iTunes purchased movies apparently was not authorized to view on my Apple TV. I found a fix that was suggested on this site that asked me to perform some recommended procedures. The procedure I performed was to de-authorize then authorize my computer. I also reset my Apple TV. Surprisingly, this somehow fixed my YouTube feature. I'm not sure exactly what did the trick but it is now working. My purchased movie also plays.

Oct 8, 2010 2:33 PM in response to HotRod34

Having the same 'No content found' error when I log in and tried all sort of setting changes but nothing seems to work. Workaround that I found is create a new youtube account and added the same subscriptions. Now ATVv2 works with the new account. Since I cannot see my uploaded video anyways with this beta sort of youtube implementation so it seems a good workaround.

Oct 26, 2010 10:08 AM in response to spudz64

I am having the same issue - I can log into my YouTube account via Apple TV but it won't list any 'favorites' or 'subscriptions'. I am receiving the no content found error message.

Regarding the suggestion to change the 'activity sharing' preferences in the YouTube account - that seems like it will broadcast all your YouTube favorites to the entire world rather than keep that information private.

Youtube not working on 2nd generation Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.