Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving calendar from iPhone to iCal

I want to sync my iPhone calendar, which has my work calendar on it, to iCal on my iMac at home. I don't see anything that explains how to do that, if it's even possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 13" MacBook, iPhone4

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 4:31 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2010 4:48 PM in response to Steven Springer

Is your work calendar on your iPhone acquired with a company Exchange account accessed on your iPhone with Calendars turn on for over the air syncing with the Exchange server?

If so, you cannot sync a calendar direct with iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process that is being synced over the air with an Exchange server.

If your company allows accessing your company exchange account with a personal computer at home, you can access the account with the Mail.app on your Mac with Snow Leopard which also provides syncing company contacts and calendar events with the Address Book and iCal.

If you are syncing your work calendar direct with Outlook on your PC at work via the iTunes sync process, you can do the same with iCal on your Mac. If you are using iCal on your Mac - there is at least one calendar and some calendar events, when selecting Sync iCal Calendars under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes, you should be provided a merge prompt with the first sync for this data, which you want to select. This will transfer your personal calendar or calendars and events to your iPhone and transfer your work calendar and events to iCal on your Mac with all kept synchronized between your iPhone and iCal on your Mac. The same will apply when syncing direct with Outlook on your PC at work. Your personal calendars and events will be transferred to Outlook on your PC at work.

Oct 1, 2010 7:50 AM in response to Steven Springer

The Mail.app is not used for syncing the iPhone with iCal.

The Mail.app under Snow Leopard can be used to access an Exchange account via ActiveSync which provided syncing the Address Book and iCal with the Exchange Server no different from doing the same with Outlook on a PC.

Syncing direct with iCal on your Mac is done via the iTunes sync process. This is selected under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes on your Mac. If you currently use iCal for your calendars/calendar events, you will be provided a merge prompt with the first sync for this data, which you want to select.

If the Sun Java System Calendar is synced over the air with your iPhone similar to doing the same with an Exchange account, you may not be able to sync this data direct with iCal on your Mac via the iTunes sync process no different from not being able to do the same with an Exchange account.

Moving calendar from iPhone to iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.