Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logitech harmony 650 remote Select and Menu issues

Programed my Harmony 650 to work with ATV G2 and noticed that you have to hold down the select button for 2-3seconds in order for it to tell ATV to select.

Also the Menu button is way to sensitive, seems if your directed to the top menu level just by clicking the menu button.

Any reasons why?

ATV G2, Other OS

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 7:57 AM

9 replies

Oct 6, 2010 7:21 PM in response to Dembek

Dembek wrote:
Programed my Harmony 650 to work with ATV G2 and noticed that you have to hold down the select button for 2-3seconds in order for it to tell ATV to select.

Also the Menu button is way to sensitive, seems if your directed to the top menu level just by clicking the menu button.

I have the Harmony 720 and I don't have either of those problems.

Oct 12, 2010 2:49 PM in response to Dembek

Dembek wrote:

Any reasons why?

When you configured your Harmony Remote (at Logitech online)
• What kind of device did you select - to configure ?
• What Apple products were available to select ?

Oct 21, 2010 4:30 PM in response to NULCGI

I have the harmony 880 remote. Menu and select work fine on my ATV2 using delays of 1500 500 & 500 respectively in the delay adjustment on the harmony. My problem is that every thing works fine except the up arrow (left, right and down work fine) despite the fact I have tried to make it learn the command. When I press the up arrow the light on the apple TV blinks but nothing happens. What delays are you using. I programmed this as a new device. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any input.

Jan 15, 2011 1:24 PM in response to NULCGI

NULCGI wrote:

When you configured your Harmony Remote (at Logitech online)
• What kind of device did you select - to configure ?
• What Apple products were available to select ?

What seems to work for me is Computer -> Media Center PC -> Apple.

(Pardon the late reply... This thread seems to have the most Google juice when I did a search, so I thought I'd help the next person. 🙂 )

Jul 13, 2014 1:57 AM in response to Dembek

I've just set my Harmony 650 up with my ATV (3rd gen) and ran into the same issue. Turns out it's because I had the original ATV remote paired so it was ignoring the commands. To fix this:

-Using the original remote, navigate to Saettings->General->Remotes and select "Unpair Apple Remote"

-Using the harmony (which should now be able to control the ATV, check by navigating up and down) select "Pair Apple Remote"

Hope this helps someone 🙂

logitech harmony 650 remote Select and Menu issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.