Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows CE devices AND Boot Camp

I have a boot camp partition where I have Windows XP installed. However I am UNABLE to connect my old Jornada 720 and sync. The Jornada syncs fine on native XP machines, so perhaps this is a Mac
issue. What are your thoughts?

John

MacBook 2.13 ghz 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Also own BlackBerry Curve 8330M

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 2:22 PM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2010 4:47 PM in response to John Wolf

John Wolf wrote:
I have a boot camp partition where I have Windows XP installed. However I am UNABLE to connect my old Jornada 720 and sync. The Jornada syncs fine on native XP machines, so perhaps this is a Mac
issue. What are your thoughts?

John

My thought is that it has nothing to do with being a Mac issue. If you are running XP from a Boot Camp partition XP is running natively just as though it was running on a PC. How are you syncing? How are you connected? What sync program are you using?
Maybe it is time to upgrade from the 2000 era Jornada to something more recent 😉

Oct 2, 2010 12:48 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I have a modern Blackberry device so this device is meant for running legacy apps and documents. I am connecting via USB. I have connected via USB to other XP PC's and it worked like a charm. I dont know why. I can try connecting again, but it just does not work. I am using the only software that would sync with a Jornada 720 and that is Active Sync.

Oct 3, 2010 8:11 AM in response to John Wolf

I know that I have had my MBP for just over 3 years now. I have BootCamp installed. At first, I had XP Pro, then Vista, now Windows 7. Before I loaded Windows 7, I was also syncing an HP iPaq device using ActiveSync. My iPaq is/was the 249x line, later replaced with the 279x (IIRC). They both use the same USB sync cable/dock and they worked fine when I would run XP or Vista (via BootCamp).

What error messages are you seeing when you try to connect?

Windows CE devices AND Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.