Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio

I have an iPod Touch. I loaded the Remote App so I can play iTunes from my Mac. The App opens and finds my library on the iPod. However I can't hear any music. I can play songs, but no audio.

The audio works for music loaded on the iPod, but not from my iTunes library. All my volume controls and setting are on and up.

Any suggestions? Is there something I need to do on the Mac to hear the music on the iPod?

Mac Pro with 2 Quad-Core Dual Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2.93 GHz 8 GB

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 8:15 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2010 8:34 PM in response to D10S

Apples Remote App was not designed to playback any of your streamed music to your iOS device itself. It was meant only to serve as a wireless remote control to navigate your iTunes library and playback your streamed music directly from your computer (computer speakers), through an airport express base station to hour stereo, or through your AppleTV to your home widescreen TV. The other iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) don't support native wireless streaming audio playback.

The only solution at this time is through 3rd party Apps such as Airfoil.
You can find more info here: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

Hope this helps!!

No Audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.