Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Disabling transport control during recording.

2120 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2010 12:16 PM by Guy Hatton RSS
Foxboy71 Level 4 Level 4 (2,360 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 2, 2010 3:50 AM
Hi,

I am trying to disable the (external Jogwheel) transport control during recording, but can't find an option to do so.

I have a Tascam Fireone, which features a nice Jogwheel with transport control. Nice for "on the road" recording sessions. The only setback is: *whenever i touch the Jogwheel during a record process*, it will *stop recording* and discard the recorded file. aargh ! This is most annoying, so i ended up with kicking out my transport control during critical recordings, but it is more a workaround than a solution.
So, does anyone know how to prevent Logic from stopping the recording by touching a transport controll Jogwheel? Is there a possibility to record in a kind of "safe mode" where only a real "stop" command will stop the recording?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fox

Edit: Additional Info: The Tascam Fireone is treated like a Mackie Control from Logic's point ov view
MacBook 2.0 GHz 2GB, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2GB, Logic Studio 9.1.1, Tascam Fireone, Roland RD700SX
  • Eriksimon Level 6 Level 6 (10,415 points)
    Oct 2, 2010 4:16 AM (in response to Foxboy71)
    Any idea what sort of message is actually being sent by the jogwheel? I mean, is it supposed to this? That it stops recording is one thing, but that it also discards the recorded file is odd, as this is usually a seperate action. I wonder if the message could be filtered out by a transformer in the environment?
    EsMac Core2 Quad 2.5 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Logic 911 Nikon D70
    Oct 2, 2010 7:40 AM (in response to Foxboy71)
    OK, so can't you "do" something in the Controller Assignments window? Either reassign the Jogwheel message, or assign a different message to "Stop"?
    Oct 3, 2010 3:08 AM (in response to Foxboy71)
    Why not just 'not touch the jogwheel' while you're recording?
  • Guy Hatton Level 4 Level 4 (1,915 points)
    Oct 3, 2010 12:16 PM (in response to Foxboy71)
    Get a good old-fashioned wooden school ruler. The moment anybody looks like they might be thinking of touching the jogwheel, give them a sharp rap on the knuckles. That'll soon train them not to
    24" iMac 3.06 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.