Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts not auto-deleting

Latest iTunes (10.0.1) with 10.6.4.

Although played podcasts are autodeleting in iTunes, they are not getting deleted from the corresponding Podcasts lists on my 3G iPhone on synching.

Any ideas, please?

Mac Pro, Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Clean machine... no haxies; no Microsoft etc

Posted on Oct 2, 2010 11:07 AM

15 replies

Oct 15, 2010 2:22 AM in response to Emilia

I found a solution at least working for me on my MacMini which is not synced with my iPhone.
As iTunes on my MacMini does not update every day I sometime manually add missed episodes by pressing the little "Get" button. It turns out that this manual action resets the "auto-delete" function for this podcast. Thus the auto-delete for a particular podcast is only remembered without any manual "interference".

Oct 23, 2010 10:55 AM in response to Mark Sealey

I think I just fixed this by changing the settings for all podcasts.
(Selecting All podcast, right-clicking and hitting 'allow auto delete didn't work).

Click on Podcasts, then on the 'Settings...' button, Settings for : Podcast defaults.
And that somehow was set to keep 'all' and when I changed it to 'all unplayed' and hit Refresh to check all podcasts, it started autodeleting again.

Oct 24, 2010 10:54 AM in response to Mark Sealey

I am not sure if I have the same problem as the rest of the posters in this thread, but just today my podcasts are not auto-deleting either. I have my podcasts set up so that the only ones that are transferred to my iPhone are the ones that are not played yet. But for some reason three or four of them keep on getting transferred even though they have been played. Weird.

Podcasts not auto-deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.