Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issues with macpilot...

im not sure if this is the right forum to post this, if so let me know, otherwise offer some advice. anyway, i just installed macpilot on my ibook g4 mainly to enable the cut feature so i can organize my files alot easier. but everytime i do cut the files so i can put them into a different area, the files go into the trash... does anyone know how to fix this??

ibook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 1:14 AM

10 replies

Oct 3, 2010 11:05 AM in response to snowmaninwhite

Hi, It also moves it/them to the Trash here if the item is just selected, & I'm not quite sure what "Cut" is supposed to do in the context of Finder usage, or what possible use it could have, but if you click on the selection again where you get the option to rename it, then "Cut" works just as it does in say Text Edit... it erases the name & puts it in the copy/paste buffer.

I think you've chosen the wrong feature for what you want to do.

I think all you need to do is have multiple Finder Windows open & drag the files to where you want.

Oct 3, 2010 11:30 AM in response to BDAqua

well if you have ever used windows you will know what im talking about when i mention "cut", like say i want to move files from my hard drive to a flash drive, but i dont want to drag the files to copy them, and then delete them afterwards, i just want to "cut" go to the file i want to move them to, and "paste". or if im trying to organize the files on my flashdrive, cuz right now they are a jumbled mess and i dont was to have 10 different windows open just to organize it all.

Oct 3, 2010 6:52 PM in response to snowmaninwhite

Hang in there, & welcome to Macdom, I suspect that once you get over the differences, that Macs & OSX will hold a few more advantages than you can see now. 🙂

I think I've used/run 99% of all the OSes available since day one, (I remember when input was only 8 Stainless Steel switches & a red button to enter a whole Byte, & saving for 6 months to get a whole 1 KB of RAM), later had Commodore B machines with dual CPUs, (6509s & 8088s, which could use Windows v 1.0, but not Windoews v1.1... never did find out to get v 1.0! 😟

MS Write on the Ataris, (the precursor to Word®), was the absolute worst program I ever bought! 😉

I used to be able to program in a dozen+ languages, then everybody went to "C", the 5th worst language of all time! 😀

I still use Atari TT/030s, Atari Mega STes, and a Quadra/630 daily, even OS8/9 Macs.

If you need further help there's plenty of great helpers here... me, I only have a 6th grade Diploma!

issues with macpilot...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.