Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 not optimised for this accessory message on bose docking station

Hi
Can somebody please help, I have an iphone 4 and a bose docking station which has recently stopped functioning properly.
everytime i put the iphone on the docking station an error message comes up saying the accessory is not optimised for the phone and the remote will only adjust the volume but will not skip or rewind songs.
The charging is also intermittent.
I bought the docking station when I had my ipod touch and it was fine, it was also fine when i first got my iphone 4 but the fault has developed thios week.

iOS 4

Posted on Oct 3, 2010 12:59 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2010 6:08 PM in response to dil66

I had the same problem today on for my ipod 3rd gen 16gb. I could only use the volume up or down, so I used a can of air to dust the connectors, then listened to my podcasts with only the volume controls available. Then I synced the pod and decided to check out the discussions about this issue, but after starting this post I put on the Bose dock and it worked as expected! Go figure!? It seems whenever a strange problem occurs, either in the car's connector or on the dock's, it always works it self out after re-connecting or syncing. I don't know what's going on, but I'm glad it is working again. I hope you have good luck too.

iphone 4 not optimised for this accessory message on bose docking station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.