Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't find keyboard

I received a new keyboard for my iPad, but I can't get it to connect. I have gone to Settings / General on my iPad and turned Bluetooth on. I turn on the keyboard, and the green light is blinking. The iPad continues to show the searching symbol next to Devices under Bluetooth. The "Apple Wirelss Keyboard" shows "Not Paired," and under it is "Now Discoverable." Any suggestions on what needs to be done. I already have changed to a new pair of batteries in the keyboard.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 4, 2010 5:33 PM

12 replies

Dec 2, 2012 11:54 AM in response to Living Fossil

I wonder if people are still having problems with this.

I'm currently trying to pair one of the old white keyboards with the ipad mini. It's doing something interesting.

It shows the keyboard in the list of devices.

When I tap on it, it looks to be loading. If I do nothing, it 'times out' and says "Pairing unsuccessful: <name of keyboard> not supported"

However, if I press enter on the keyboard after a few seconds, 2 windows quickly pop up.

One says enter xxxx number onto the keyboard, but then before I have time to do so, another window pops up saying "Pairing unsuccessful: make sure <name of keyboard> is ready to pair and the pin code is correct, then try again."

Seems to be some sort of bug, because it can receive a communication from the keyboard when I press enter.

Will keep searching!!! btw, I tried this on an ipad mini AND an iPad 2, each with iOS 6.0.1 afaik

iPad can't find keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.