Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Equalizer not working?

The equalizer settings for my ipad's ipod doesn't change a thing.. I tried every setting in settings/ipod/EQ from Off to Vocal Booster and the sound never changes.. With my ipod Video I change the setting to either Acoustic or Dance depending on which headphones I'm using and would like to do the same with my iPad.. Any clues??

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 9:21 AM

23 replies

Oct 25, 2010 12:33 PM in response to Pinger

Hi PINGER (and Carolyn too). This a common but not so easy problem to solve. I will try to take estep by step in order to solve ito and let your iPad use the equalizer the way you want it.
a.) First of all, there are two ways of Setting the equalizer in your iPad, iPhone or iPod. Directly on your device (the way you want to do it PINGER) or permanently on all you Music library and it is donde in iTunes.I think your problem is that you have set on the equalizer on your ipad permanently in iTunes.So lets check it out!!!
b.) Open iTunes in your PC (with or without your iPad connected ok?).
c.) Check MUSIC on the left list on iTunes.
d.) Mark any song on your list (righthand side of iTunes).
e.) Click right hand side button on your mouse or mousepad. A little window will open and there you will see a Tab named: OPTIONS click on it and another window opens and there you will see an OPTION for Setting your equalizer ON for one song, multiple songs or all your library. If in your case this setting is on (or a music o equalizer setting is on) choose NONE and you are ready to go.

You now should be able to use your equalizer directly on your iPad for any song or music library the way you want it PINGER.

I hope this will solve your problem and help other to know how to use this very nice and powerful feature of iTunes.

Glad to help!!!

Aaron...

Oct 6, 2010 5:37 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Actually I tried it with headphones on and the iPod app playing and absolutelsy no difference no matter what setting I try. Going from say bass booster to small speakers setting should show a big difference but I get no difference.. Strange huh?? I figure it isn't a hardware problem rather a software glitch, the iPad itself wouldn't cause this.. Nice to hear it worked for you Carolyn 🙂

Oct 6, 2010 5:56 PM in response to Pinger

Ok...

Try resetting your iPad. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Try the equalizer.

If that didn't make a difference, turn iPad off, and then turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears, then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Now try changing the equalizer.

I hope that helps.....

🙂

Oct 25, 2010 4:51 PM in response to Pinger

PINGER very sorry to hear that. One last question?, did you Sync your iPad after you made the changes I explained to you? If you didn't then the changes will not be applied to your iPad ok and the problem will continue.Another way is take your ipad to an Apple store an explain your problem to one of the experts there?.

Good luck!!

Aaron...

Equalizer not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.