Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer music from iPad to MacBook Pro?

I have recently purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to copy the music library from my ipad onto the MacBook. Can anyone advise me please on how to go about it, as I struggle. Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 13, iOS 4

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2010 4:06 AM

this is for iPod Touch/iPhone but works the same for iPad:

connect your device and right-click or control-click your iPad in the iTunes Source list, then choose +transfer purchases+ from the shortcut menu that appears.

User uploaded file

for content you added manually (e.g. CD rips), check out [ iRip|http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/?gclid=CMnaiefNwKQCFUODDgodgh4oMg].

J GG

User uploaded file
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2010 4:06 AM in response to iwhar

this is for iPod Touch/iPhone but works the same for iPad:

connect your device and right-click or control-click your iPad in the iTunes Source list, then choose +transfer purchases+ from the shortcut menu that appears.

User uploaded file

for content you added manually (e.g. CD rips), check out [ iRip|http://thelittleappfactory.com/irip/?gclid=CMnaiefNwKQCFUODDgodgh4oMg].

J GG

User uploaded file

Oct 7, 2010 5:10 AM in response to Jolly Giant

That's great, thank you. However, how about transferring the music CDs that I have ripped to my iPad. I have purchased them but in the shop and not via iTunes. I have transferred my collection from real CDs to my iPad and gave the CDs away. They only exist in my iPad's library now but I would also like to have them to my MacBook.

May 14, 2013 10:27 PM in response to iwhar

If this is all music (and other content) you've purchased, right-click on your iPad under Devices in iTunes and select "Transfer Purchases".

Make sure you are signed into your iTunes account on your mac, and the same account on our iPad. When selecting the music you want on the "music" tab in iTunes under your device, make sure you hit apply to transfer music from iPad to Macbook.

Sep 11, 2013 9:23 PM in response to iwhar

Hello,
We just released music Transfer, an universal app (iPhone/iPad) that lets you transfer multiple music files (up to 50 at one time) from your iPad to your Computer over wifi. You can also transfer music from an iPad or computer directly to your iPad. No cables and no other software required.

The app is currently in the top 25 iPad apps in the photography category. I hope you can check it out and find it useful:

http://software.bigbigsoft.com/ipad-to-mac-transfer

DISCLAIMER: I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

Let me know if you have any comment or suggestions. Cheers,

Enrique R

Dec 22, 2013 7:03 PM in response to iwhar

User uploaded file

There are two ways:.

1. A Sync will do it. If it does not work for you, check the various tabs in iTunes and confirm that the appropriate boxes are checked. You can decide which apps, music and videos will be transferred.

2. Use Vibosoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Mac transfer app

Vibosoft iPad to mac transfer program can copy everything from iPhone,iPad, ipod to computer for backup, I used it for long time, really powerful and worth a recommend! there are so many similar software like: Coolmuster iPad to computer transfer, iStonsoft,

this is user guide: How to copy songs from iPad 2/min/4/air to Mac OS X

Dec 22, 2013 7:02 PM in response to iwhar

You need to make the new Mac iTunes library your syncing library. iTunes on the Mac sees your iPad as a new device because you have never synced with this computer before. You can make the Mac your syncing computer by following the instructions in this user tip. You will be able to transfer the purchased music on the iPad into iTunes when you follow this procedure.

How to transfer music from iPad to MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.