Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshooting - iPod Nano 6th Gen won't turn on

Hey guys,

How do you turn on or reset an iPod with not so many buttons? Last night, I plugged my battery-drained nano in my macbook, left my place and the next morning when I safely and properly removed it from iTunes, it won't turn on by just pressing the sleep/wake toggle switch...

Please advice on what I can do... thanks! I really need your help. I just bought this nano and I want to do everything I can before I return it to the shop where I bought it...

Thanks in advance for the helpful answers!!!

Pogs

2.4GHz macbook black, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 8:57 AM

Hi there Pogs.

You hold the sleep/wake button and the volume down button (the on with the minus sign) down at the same time for 6 to 8 seconds until the Apple symbol appears to reset the 6th gen nano. Hope it helps.
9 replies

Feb 10, 2011 8:35 AM in response to tootrick

Thank goodness for this advice! I currently live in Honduras, and have next to no support here. My ipod Nano 5th generation suddenly died, not unlike my 6th that just did the same... I was unable to revive the 5g, but thanks to this forum my 6g goes on to fight another day!
If anyone knows how I can possibly do the same or similar for my 5g, I would really appreciate it!

Feb 10, 2011 1:42 PM in response to Naomita

Dear Naomita,
I have had the problem several times,
you can reset the IPOD on iTunes or manually.
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano/4th5thgeneration/
^^This Link has the user guide of the 4th+5th generation, it might be helpful to you, if it doesnt i would recommend you fix it at apple store or the place you bought it from, the user guide SHOULD include everything you need^^
Note: It might not fix your problem, but you should try.
Bye

Troubleshooting - iPod Nano 6th Gen won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.