Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Scratched Camera

I used my iPhone 4 without a case for 2 days and noticed it's camera lens cover was covered with scratches. The rest of the phone was spotless. Any idea on this?

Macbook Pro i7 15", eMac 800Mhz, iPhone 4 16gb, Custom Built PC, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Mac, Windows, and Linux FTW!

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 2:26 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2010 1:30 PM in response to josh vanslam

After reading this thread today (I have the same problem) I found a site that sells a replacement cover. It was only $5 (ish) including shipping.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46576~r.99999999

It looks very easy to do yourself. I heard it was easy to take off the back of the iPhone4 so I tried it before ordering. It's so simple. Search in youtube for a video to help you. Short version is remove the 2 screws at the bottom, slide the cover up slightly (1/4 inch?) and it pops right off. Easy! Next you have to pop out the lens cover from the back glass. This proved to be much more difficult as it's glue in there. Be careful. I just kept working my fingernail around the lens cover on the inside of the back of the phone. Eventually it came out fairly easily, I just had to work at it. Then I put it all back together & am awaiting my replacement lens cover to swap in.

iPhone 4 Scratched Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.