Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes always opens in Mini Player?? Help

Can't go into much more detail except that every time I open my iTunes, it opens in the little mini player. I should clarify by saying this by saying that by "open" I mean run iTunes after it has been QUIT after the last usage.

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.4), iTunes 10.0.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 11:02 PM

10 replies

Sep 6, 2011 9:20 AM in response to ohssoccer

Same here, since itunes update always get mini player. Also, it often refuses to respond to the green button, and can only be switched to window by clicking the itunes icon in the dock, then turning on visualizer. All other options are usually greyed out. I think I'll just use my Slacker and Rdio apps until this bug is fixed...

Mac Pro, 10.7.1

8GB RAM

2X2.4Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Sep 8, 2011 9:40 AM in response to immo

Hey,

I am facing the same problem. Everytime i open iTunes on my mac, it always opens as the mini player on the left top corner of my screen(its never opened at any other position). Then i change it to the normal player with <shift>+<command>+m. Later, when i quit and reopen it, the normal window appears.

I've tried reinstalling it but the problem persists. Is there any way to fix this bug?

Using OSX 10.7.1 and iTunes 10.4.1.

Nov 18, 2012 3:15 AM in response to ohssoccer

I've had the same problem with iTunes 10.7 and ML. This worked for me:

1. Start iTunes.

2. Click the green button on the miniplayer to go to the normal window.

3. Done.

Interestingly, what I tried dozens of times and didn't work was selecting the menu option tot switch from miniplay or use the keyboard shortcut. Only clicking the green button did the trick.

iTunes always opens in Mini Player?? Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.