Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Guest account login items

2735 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2010 2:52 AM by opodder RSS
opodder Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 10, 2010 7:41 AM
Hello,

How do change the login items (items that will automatically open when you login) for the guest account?

When I click on the guest account, there is no login items list. I am the computer administrator. Running snow leopard.
Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Király Level 6 Level 6 (9,470 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 10, 2010 8:43 AM (in response to opodder)
    Download and install the Snow Leopard Server Admin Tools from Apple. Then open Workgroup Manager. Log in to the address localhost, and authenticate with an admin's username/password. Under the View menu, choose Show System Records. This will show the Guest account in the user list in the sidebar. Click the Guest account in the sidebar, click Preferences in the toolbar, and then click Login -> Items to the right.
    iMac (3.06GHz Intel, OS X 10.6.4), eMac (1.25GHz PowerPC G4, OS X 10.5.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.