Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

possible virus

My Yahoo mail account just got hijacked. Without me doing anything, the persons in my address book receive an email from my email address asking them to click on a link which turns out to be a Viagara ad, hopefully not worse. I had read an old Macworld article about malware. In my Preference folder, I click on Ethernet (which I use) --> Advanced --> DNS tab. There in the DNS Servers window, I see in grey "10.0.1.1". In the Search Domains: window, I see "myhome.westell.com". Can someone tell me if my system is infected? Thanks.
Tom

iMac 20" 2.66 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 4 GB memory, 230 GB hard drive

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 11:07 AM

6 replies

Oct 11, 2010 12:19 PM in response to tclk35

Your email account may have been compromised or not. To be sure, log into your yahoo account and change the password. Also be sure that no secondary email addresses are set up that you don't control(yahoo allows password resets to be sent to a secondary email address). It is very likely that someone is just spoofing your email address. Anyone can make an email look like it came from a particular address. Not much you can do about that.

possible virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.