Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal am/pm bug

I can't set up events in iCal from 10am to 1pm for example because the time setting when you add an event is already at 10pm in the setting. even though in the main "time" bar on the left of iCal it clearly states 10am - this is well frustrating 😟

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 9:46 PM

Welcome to Apple Discussions,

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by your post. You say you can't set up an event that starts at 10 am and goes to 1 pm. Why not? Can you not type in 10:00 and then change the PM to AM? Does it not allow you to modify the AM/PM?

Make sure the date and Time in your clock in the top right of the screen are correct.

Check to make sure your Region is set to your country rather than "custom".
Apple Menu > Language&Text > Formats > Region > Your Country (Like United States)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2010 9:46 PM in response to da ferret

Welcome to Apple Discussions,

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by your post. You say you can't set up an event that starts at 10 am and goes to 1 pm. Why not? Can you not type in 10:00 and then change the PM to AM? Does it not allow you to modify the AM/PM?

Make sure the date and Time in your clock in the top right of the screen are correct.

Check to make sure your Region is set to your country rather than "custom".
Apple Menu > Language&Text > Formats > Region > Your Country (Like United States)

Oct 13, 2010 12:59 PM in response to MadisonP

somehow, playing with the preferences seems to have worked - i now have am and pm available to edit within an event whereas it wasn't before. My preferences are still set to custom in the formats tab. all very peculiar!

the only bad part about what has happened is i've lost the time summary bar on the LHS in iCal, but i guess i can work around this...

thanks for your help

iCal am/pm bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.