6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2014 5:59 PM by bill299
Gregg j Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Are you sure you want to send form again- How can I get ride of this message?

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (96,915 points)
    HI Gregg,

From your Safari menu bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Security tab.

At the bottom of that window, deselect: Ask before sending a non-secure form from a secure website.

Relaunch Safari.

If that doesn't do the job, open the Terminal app (Applications / Utilities)

Copy and paste the following command.

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugConfirmTossingUnsubmittedFormText NO

To undo this… same command but type Yes.

Carolyn
  • BioRich Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

Hi there.  I also get this.  No solution has worked.  I've turned off the preferences checkbox, tried this command in the terminal, and I still get this dropdown dialog box twice on the homepage at break.com.  There is no security and there is no form, so I have no clue why it's even coming up.  The site works fine in Firefox.

Any ideas? 

Cheers

• me.tarzan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

That also happens to me on the Break site, but even more frustratingly on the site I visit most.  It didn't happen for 10 years prior to upgrading to Lion.  Check box is unticked and Crome/Firefox don't give irrelevant message.

Any fix on this, as I much prefer Safari, but this is driving me mental!

Thanks.

• BioRich Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

No fix.  I'm on Snow Leopard using Safari.  Not a Lion thing, but a Safari thing.  They updated Safari recently and it's showing up both places, and not in Firefox. 

Cheers

• jSteeleh Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've never had this problem before, but when this started happening I also got a problem with the browser freezing when I type in text boxes too.

I'm a little disappointed.  Apple is usually pretty good about this stuff.  Now Safari is about unusable for me because it's locking up every time I type.

• bill299 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Here we are 3 years later and I have Mavericks and this thing is locking Safari. Can't do anything with it. Mr. Davis says it is normal and I have to just live with it. When Safari is locked and won't even get rid of this on reboot,, the only option is another browser... 

Come on Apple!