Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Registration category for 27" LED Cinema Display

Apple's product registration system does not provide a registration option for the 27" display released in September. Confirmation of registration is now 24 hours late.

MacBook Pro 17, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 4:38 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2010 8:41 PM in response to flipperfeet

I'm assuming you did not purchase an AppleCare Extended Warranty (highly recommended!) as it self registers at time of purchase. Try going to the main support page at www.apple.com/support. Go to the right column under the heading Self Service. Click on the "Check Your Service and Support Coverage" link. Then follow the prompts, by first entering your display serial number, it will ask you to sign in with your Apple I.D. along the way.

When the page shows the colored icons with their status, make a web archive of the page in Safari, and save it to your documents, for future reference.

You have until one year from date of order (not invoice date, not date of shipment, not date of delivery) to sign up for AppleCare, if you decide to get that recommended coverage. I recommend putting a reminder on your calendar 11 months out, just in case, as you may change your mind.

Oct 14, 2010 2:25 PM in response to flipperfeet

The following page should answer most of your questions. If not, it has links to contact Apple directly. It contains a lot of detail, which might be advisable to review, in answering your questions

http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html

It can take up to 30 days according to some details outlined on this page, depending upon specific circumstances. As long as you have your original sales documentation, etc., you should be okay, but I understand your apprehension as far as speedy results are concerned.

Don't hesitate to call the Apple Store direct, at 1-800-MyApple, if you can't get satisfactory answers online, or call the AppleCare toll free number direct at 1-800-275-2273.

No Registration category for 27" LED Cinema Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.