7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2010 12:29 AM by iBozz
nevets2 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
Have an event I'd like to repeat daily, weekdays only. Not Sat or Sunday.

How can you do this?

I know how to set an alarm with the iPhone Clock app that does this.

But not an iCal event. Am I missing something here?

iCal 4.0.3

Steve

MacBook Pro 15" unibody, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 20" Apple Cinema Screen twinned, Safari 5.0, Mail 4.3, Address Book 5.0.2
  • iBozz Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
    If I understand you correctly, then:

Create your event on Day 1; select "repeat" in Inspector; select "Custom"; select "Weekly", "Every 1 weeks" and then click on Monday, Tuesday, etc. for the days you want that event to appear.

In your case, that would presumably be Monday up to and including Friday.

Click OK.

I hope that's what you meant.

Message was edited by: iBozz
  • nevets2 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Duh

Like I knew it had to be possible. Sneaking it that functionality under "weekly" is somewhat counterintuitive, in my meager defense

Thanks so much.

Steve
    Maybe I had the advantage of being a regular user of Audio HiJack Pro which uses a similar convention for repeating recordings, so it looked familiar to me!
  • ILYTaZ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hello, I've got another question... is there any way you can create an event happening every 1st Monday of each month and a different event for every 2nd Monday of each month, and so on? Thank you!
    Create your event on, say, the first Monday.

Open Inspector: Edit > Show Inspector.

Select Repeat > Custom > Every 1 months (2 months, 3 months or whatever) > On the nth Monday where n is 1st, 2nd, or whatever.

Create your next event on, say, second Monday then follow the same procedure.

• ILYTaZ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    It doesn't seem to be working the way I wanted it to... hmm..
    I might have misled you (in my defence, I cite old age and tiredness after a birthday party for a room of three year olds!):

Open Inspector: Edit > Show Inspector.

Select Repeat > Custom > Select Monthly from the pull down menu > Click on "On the" under the monthly calendar > Select On the nth day where n is 1st, 2nd, or whatever > Select On *day , where * is Mon, Tues, Wed etc.

You will have to start a separate event for every 1st Monday, 2nd Monday, 1st Tuesday, 3rd Friday or whatever.

If that doesn't achieve what you want, then post back exactly what you are doing, the result and how that differs from what you want to achieve.

Apologies for my mistake.

I'm now off to wash the cake and jelly from my hair!

Or, for the benefit of those over the pond, the cake and jello!