Skip navigation

is Zinio the only Magazine App?

2478 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 8:53 PM by jack_daniel RSS
pka4916 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2010 6:28 PM
for my Ipad, is Zinio the only Magazine App? or are there other ones?
Have a comic reader, but played with the Zinio, and I don't really like it, since you can't delete your magazines of of it, and some other painfull things.

Thank you
Ipad 64Gb Win7 64bits, Windows 7
  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,460 points)
    Oct 14, 2010 7:59 AM (in response to pka4916)
    Many magazines have their own standalone apps, e.g. Wired, Runners World, New Yorker, Esquire. However, at present, you can only by single issues. You can't subscribe. You might try searching the app store for "magazine".

Best of luck.
    MacBook Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Current iPods: 3 Gen Nano 4 gig, 1st gen 16 gig Touch, 3rd Gen 32 gig Touch
  • Jackie Jak Calculating status...
    Oct 14, 2010 8:30 AM (in response to pka4916)
    Hi! Just wanted to let you know that you CAN delete magazines you don't like or want anymore in your library on the iPad. When you are in your library, in the upper left hand corner, you will see an "Edit" button, tap on that button and it will take you to the screen where you can easily delete and/or restore your publications.... and just select "Done" once your all done.

Hope this helped.... sorry you were unsatisfied about your magazine, hope you will find something you like! The iPad is such a world in it's own.... that it will take FOREVER to know everything on there.... I, personally like the Zinio app, I've got quite a lump-sum of magazines on there.

BTW, if you like any other magazines, search for them individually... be surprise what we come across.... I highly recommend Nat Geo... they even got their own app....

Cheers!
  • DaveR72 Calculating status...
    Oct 20, 2010 2:05 PM (in response to pka4916)
    Hey Check out Pixel-Mags in the app store. They have hundreds of magazines and their new app is unreal. I just subscripted to AW Autoweek through Pixel, which I heard had their new app, and it is an experience like no other. I think you'll love it.
    PC & IPad, Windows 7
  • jack_daniel Calculating status...
    Jul 7, 2011 8:53 PM (in response to pka4916)

I am also not able to find Pixel-mags. But I found one more interesting newstand, Magzter. I think they are pretty new and and they have few US magazines and lots of India based magazines and they claim they are working with top publishers in US to get them on the newstand. I loved their video magazines and wase to subscribe! Worth trying.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.