5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2011 8:53 PM by jack_daniel
pka4916 Level 1 (0 points)
for my Ipad, is Zinio the only Magazine App? or are there other ones?
Have a comic reader, but played with the Zinio, and I don't really like it, since you can't delete your magazines of of it, and some other painfull things.

Thank you

Ipad 64Gb Win7 64bits, Windows 7
  • Meg St._Clair Level 8 (48,930 points)
    Many magazines have their own standalone apps, e.g. Wired, Runners World, New Yorker, Esquire. However, at present, you can only by single issues. You can't subscribe. You might try searching the app store for "magazine".

Best of luck.
  • Jackie Jak Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi! Just wanted to let you know that you CAN delete magazines you don't like or want anymore in your library on the iPad. When you are in your library, in the upper left hand corner, you will see an "Edit" button, tap on that button and it will take you to the screen where you can easily delete and/or restore your publications.... and just select "Done" once your all done.

Hope this helped.... sorry you were unsatisfied about your magazine, hope you will find something you like! The iPad is such a world in it's own.... that it will take FOREVER to know everything on there.... I, personally like the Zinio app, I've got quite a lump-sum of magazines on there.

BTW, if you like any other magazines, search for them individually... be surprise what we come across.... I highly recommend Nat Geo... they even got their own app....

• DaveR72 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hey Check out Pixel-Mags in the app store. They have hundreds of magazines and their new app is unreal. I just subscripted to AW Autoweek through Pixel, which I heard had their new app, and it is an experience like no other. I think you'll love it.
  • pka4916 Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks. is that "pixel-mags" just 1 program ? tried finding it, and found tons of other mags, but not like an all in one type like Zinio
  • jack_daniel Level 1 (5 points)

I am also not able to find Pixel-mags. But I found one more interesting newstand, Magzter. I think they are pretty new and and they have few US magazines and lots of India based magazines and they claim they are working with top publishers in US to get them on the newstand. I loved their video magazines and wase to subscribe! Worth trying.