Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Keyboard on G4 15" can't type, what part I should replace ???

When I type it not stop typing like when I type "a" it will "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
untill I push other button and it will happen again and again.

I'll buy part from some website out there and replace it my self. Do you think what part I should replace ? and from this case what wrong with it ? can fix ??

eMacG4 700Mhz, Powerbook G4 1.0GHz, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 11:24 PM

5 replies

Oct 15, 2010 6:55 AM in response to modeller

I have no experience of replacing the keyboard on a PowerBook. I'm just concerned that if the problem is happening with all the letters on your keyboard then it may not be the keyboard itself that's to blame.
I would want to be sure that its not another component (maybe in the logic board) before I started spending money. You may get lucky - or you may end up with TWO good keyboards and the same problem! Also I don't know if you've ever opened up an aluminium PowerBook - unlike with the Titanium version you have to take it right apart to get the keyboard out. Good luck.

Message was edited by: Braby

Oct 15, 2010 7:16 AM in response to Braby

Yes you right. you maybe right 😟
It possible to not about Keyboard, Let me tell you about the story before it happen.

It was not good to type in year I push key but with no letter "just some time"
and this key problem come after I ride a bicycle with powerbook in my backpack in the rain. I'm all wet, when I came home I saw "few" spot of water drop on the screen then I wait 3 day till it all completely dry to turn on Power.

anyway Is it possible to check by software what wrong with the key or other parts ?

My Keyboard on G4 15" can't type, what part I should replace ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.