Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Trackpad not recognised

Model Name: Mac Pro
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

1. Paired the trackpad through Bluetooth control panel successfully.
2. No 'Trackpad' preference in System Preferences, so downloaded and installed 'Magic Trackpad Multitouch Update 1.0.pkg (I have no idea if that is the right software, as there was zero guidance as to what I needed to download).
3. There is now a 'Trackpad' preference pane.
4. It doesn't work 'No trackpad found', even though Bluetooth preferences show it is paired.

What should I do now? How do get a fucntioning pref pane for the Wireless Trackpad?

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 11:27 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2010 11:33 PM in response to rr hawks

Do you have 'USB Overdrive' installed on your Mac? This conflicts with the Magic Trackpad and prevents the pref pane from installing - what you get is the old pref pane without the multi-touch gestures and the little animations explaining them: however I found I could track and click, just not use multi-touch, so this may or may not be your problem.

Oct 30, 2010 8:53 AM in response to rr hawks

1. Paired the trackpad through Bluetooth control panel successfully.
2. No 'Trackpad' preference in System Preferences, so downloaded and installed 'Magic Trackpad Multitouch Update 1.0.pkg (I have no idea if that is the right software, as there was zero guidance as to what I needed to download).
3. There is now a 'Trackpad' preference pane.
4. It doesn't work 'No trackpad found', even though Bluetooth preferences show it is paired.

After I went through these steps, the trackpad preference pane seemed to be looking for a device, but without success. So I single clicked one of the trackpad's feet, and it then recognized the trackpad.

I would say it would be very useful for Apple to provide instructions regarding need to obtain the trackpad software containing the preference pane. And information for the install/pairing sequence. What is in the booklet coming with the trackpad is really non-informative.

Wireless Trackpad not recognised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.