Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Re: using UltraGuest in iWeb

2451 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2010 12:47 PM by billbir RSS
billbir Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 14, 2010 1:45 AM
Apologies, I realise that this subject must have been covered before, but as a newbie to web creation, I'm afraid I've not been able to understand the mechanics of introducing a guestbook into my website. I have registered with UltraGuest on a member's recommendation and obtained a link, which I know works. What I cannot seem to do, is to access this link neatly so that pressing a button saying “Guestbook" it accesses this link and takes you to the appropriate page. Has anybody used UltraGuest in this way and if so could they give me, a step-by-step process to get it to work? If not, can someone offer another suggestion as to how to get a guestbook onto my website.

Bill
iMac 27" i5, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Ethmoid Level 6 Level 6 (9,710 points)
    Oct 14, 2010 4:33 AM (in response to billbir)
    If you sign up, you should then get the code that you need for the guestbook to work on your website.

Copy and paste the code into an html snippet on the page of your website that you want the guestbook to appear on click Apply. In this way, the guestbook will be embedded into your site and visitors can sign it online.
    MacBook Core 2 Duo, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Ethmoid Level 6 Level 6 (9,710 points)
    Oct 14, 2010 7:25 AM (in response to billbir)
    No, you are not using a link, but with most things, they should give you the code so that you can display the guestbook on a page of your website and for this, you need to use an html snippet, insert the code and click on Apply.

I have never used this guestbook before - on my own site I use forms of my own creation and then I use Intense Debate which is a comment system that you could check out as an alternative if you wish. http://www.intensedebate.com.

Do a search of this site using the term guestbook or guestbooks and Old Toad has answered a lot of these questions. He has a link to his own site with an example on it. Take a look.
    MacBook Core 2 Duo, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,470 points)
    Oct 15, 2010 12:17 PM (in response to billbir)
    Here's an example of an Ultraguest guestbook embedded in an iWeb page along with the code used: Guestbook.

OT
    3Ghz iMac, 4G RAM, 1TB HD; MBP 2.16 Ghz 2G RAM; 1.5TB/160GB HDs;, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Canon:i850/8600F, Epson R280; 4G Nano, 30G Video iPod; iPad 3G

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.