Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adjust audio input while recording video?

is there a way to do this? so far i haven't figured this out. sometimes i'm recording video during a loud event and the audio sounds very distorted.

i haven't found any apps that can do this either.

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

2.4Ghz Unibody MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 4Gb RAM, 250Gb 7200RPM HD, Motu 828 Mk1, Logic Pro 8

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 7:42 AM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2010 7:58 AM in response to Allan Sampson

hmm, are you sure? i could be very wrong or misunderstand this description, but it seems this audio app can do this: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/fourtrack/

"Input Monitoring: Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, *sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix.*"

i'm sorry if i misunderstood this app's capabilities.

thanks for your quick response.

Oct 14, 2010 8:03 AM in response to ifone_lover

Pretty sure.

The app you provided a link for is a separate voice/sound recording app. This is not linked to the iPhone's Voice Memos app or to the iPhone's Camera App when recording video.

3rd party apps do not have access to private iPhone API's. If you can find a separate video recording app that includes the option, that is different from a 3rd party app having access to functions involving the included Camera application.

adjust audio input while recording video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.