Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and Airport Express Problem - unknown error -15000

I have two AE's and this has just started happening to both of them. I have re-booted and re-installed iTunes. I have switched off my router and back on again and I have done the same with the AE's. They both were working perfectly. Itunes can see the AE's, as can the Airport Utility, but I get this error message. Any help would be much appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 13z, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 11:38 AM

26 replies

Dec 31, 2010 9:50 AM in response to reillybramble

Hi folks. This one has been bugging me since I upgraded to Itunes 10. But I started playing around in my firewall settings. I finally was able to allow UDP Port 6002 in my firewall and then scared myself to death when all my Airport Expresses in the house started blasting music. I'm using Windows Vista. In the Control Panel, I selected Security - Allow a program through Windows Firewall. In the Firewall Settings, I selected the Exceptions tab. I clicked "Add Port..." and added the following: Name: Itunes-AirportExpress (just so I could easily find the entry again if I needed to) Port Number: 6002 Protocol: UDP. Can't say this will work for you, but you might give it a try. I hope it helps!

iTunes and Airport Express Problem - unknown error -15000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.