Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe Calendar not loading to iPad

Apple today updated their beta CalDAV calendar to MobileMe. I've been participating in the Calendar beta for a month or so, and all has gone pretty well. However, since the beta Calendar went live today, I've been unable to refresh my regular MobileMe calendar on my iPad by turning it off/then back on, so I'm having to continue to use the CalDAV manual configuration for my calendar.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'd really like to delete my CalDAV calendar and use the standard MobileMe calendar again, because it includes my subscribed US Holidays calendar. Of course, the iPad is still running iOS 3.2, and my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 updated to the new MobileMe calendar with the subscribed US Holidays calendar just fine today. So, perhaps all will be well when iOS 4.2 comes out this fall for the iPad, but it's annoying just the same.

2.8GHz 24" iMac w/4GB RAM/750GB HD, 1.8GHz MacBook Air/80GB HD, iPad 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 3:09 PM

13 replies

Oct 14, 2010 4:46 PM in response to Dave Marsh

Yeah, I lost all my regular MobileMe calendars when i joined the beta a while ago. They don't even show as a manual sync option in iTunes. Everything is there on my iPhone though.

There doesn't seem to be any clear info about this anywhere I can find. Is this a known bug? If so do we have to wait until 4.2 for a fix? Is this happening to all iPad users now with the new iCal sync or just some of us?

Pretty irritating.

Oct 14, 2010 5:00 PM in response to Robert Hurt1

After some research, it's now clear that the iPad running iOS 3.2 must be manually configured to use the new CalDAV calendar at MobileMe. If you go into Settings/Mail, Calendars, etc. to briefly turn off/then back on your MobileMe calendar to force a fresh, and delete the data on your iPad to get a clean refresh, all you'll download is your subscriptions (e.g., US holidays), not any of your normal calendars. They've apparently been moved to the new CalDAV servers.

This means if you participated in the calendar beta, you need to do nothing, since you've already configured your iPad to access the new servers. However, if you didn't participate, you need to manually configure your iPad just as the beta testers did. Here's the direct link to the configuration instructions:

http://help.apple.com/mobileme/interface/index.html#mmcc733205

iPhone 4 users need do nothing, since their iOS 4.1 software will automatically point to the new servers. If you choose to briefly turn off/turn back on your MobileMe calendars, it will pull all your calendars from the new servers, including your subscriptions.

Oct 16, 2010 10:26 AM in response to Dave Marsh

Note to above post about new Calendar on MobileMe syncing with iPad IF duplicate events appear on your iPad ONLY:
Set up iPad instructions at:
http://help.apple.com/mobileme/interface/index.html#mmcc733205
IF you end up with duplicate events on your iPad after upgrading to the new Calendar on MobleMe and you sync Calendar on the iPad with MobileMe, do this (per Apple Support live chat on 10/16/10) on your iPad (after setting up the cal.me.com account):
* Tap on Settings
* Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
* Tap on your account: username@me.com
* Turn OFF Calendars only
* A popup window will appear asking if you a question. Tap on "Delete events from my iPad"
* Tap on the button: Save
* Open Calendar on your iPad. The duplicate events should no longer appear.

Oct 16, 2010 11:03 AM in response to Macdravite

Note that if you want to see a subscribed calendar (e.g., US Holidays) you'll want to leave your MobileMe calendar turned on in Settings. To remove the displayed duplicates in your iPad Calendars app, uncheck the displayed calendars from your MobileMe account that are causing the duplicates from within the Calendars program or simply delete them from your cache as noted in the above post. However, my normal calendars are no longer being downloaded from MobileMe, since they were moved to the CalDAV server. No duplicates popped up on my iPad when I turned on my MobileMe calendars after the update.

This WILL probably become an issue when iOS 4.2 comes out, but then I'll simply turn off/delete the direct download from the CalDAV server and use the default MobileMe calendar, which will then be pointing to the new server, just as it works on the iPhone 4 today using iOS 4.1.

Oct 30, 2010 12:00 PM in response to tincha

Getting the colors right on mobile devices has always been a problem. The only way I've been able to resolve it is to login to MobileMe Calendar web page, adjust the colors there, then switch back to your mobile device, turn MobileMe Calendar off/back on on device to force a complete refresh of what's in the MobileMe Calendar online. That usually brings whatever colors were selected online into your mobile device.

Oct 31, 2010 6:25 AM in response to Dave Marsh

Thank you - that worked perfectly for two of my calendars 🙂

It didn't work for Holidays, but there's something wrong with that calendar in MobileMe. It doesn't show up at all on MobileMe web, even though it is on iCal and on my iPhone. I had to subscribe to it separately from my iPad to get it to show up there, and even after un-subbing, turning off/on again it still shows the wrong color (a color already used on another calendar).

MobileMe Calendar not loading to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.