Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yahoo sync

Can anyone help to get rid of this problem:

I am getting a yahoo sync alert on my screen to sync my computer data base with yahoo, How do i get rid of it as it does not appear on my login list?
Gedeon Herschberg

< Edited by Host >

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.4), also windows and linux

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 8:28 PM

you can try disabling yahoo sync in apple address book and apple ical.

go to the dock
click on finder
go to the menu bar
click on the go menu
from the go menu chose applications
double click on address book
when address book opens, go to the address book menu, and chose preferences.
the general preferences window will pop up
click on accounts tab
from the accounts list click on "on my mac"
uncheck "synchronize with Yahoo!"
close the window
quite address book

if you still have the issue. OR "synchronize with Yahoo!" was not checked in address book
open ical in the applications folder
from the ical menu, chose preferences
click on the accounts tab
the accounts list may list a yahoo account. if so, click on it, you can click on it and then click on the "-" to remove the account.
20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2010 8:28 PM in response to maimon

you can try disabling yahoo sync in apple address book and apple ical.

go to the dock
click on finder
go to the menu bar
click on the go menu
from the go menu chose applications
double click on address book
when address book opens, go to the address book menu, and chose preferences.
the general preferences window will pop up
click on accounts tab
from the accounts list click on "on my mac"
uncheck "synchronize with Yahoo!"
close the window
quite address book

if you still have the issue. OR "synchronize with Yahoo!" was not checked in address book
open ical in the applications folder
from the ical menu, chose preferences
click on the accounts tab
the accounts list may list a yahoo account. if so, click on it, you can click on it and then click on the "-" to remove the account.

Oct 16, 2010 11:39 PM in response to TeenTitan

Regarding the yahoo sync alert:
I appreciate the help.
I did have yahoo link checked in my address book - I unchecked it - it remains unchecked and also unchecked on rebooting.
Unfortunately I am still getting the yahoo sync alert message periodically m my desktop.
there was no yahoo account int the ical program.
Ehere else can I look?
Regards,
Gedeon
- most grateful for out input.

Jan 9, 2011 2:42 PM in response to maimon

I also have this issue. I have tried unticking the "Synchronise with Yahoo!" option in Address Book but when I shut down Address Book and re-open it the option is ticked. There is no Yahoo account in iCal. I have scoured the hard drive for any configuration files which may be causing this option to be ticked but cannot find anything obvious. Can anyone help as this is driving me mad?

Thanks

Feb 10, 2011 8:34 AM in response to Allan Eckert

unsure which planet you live on but apple is certainly here. apple scourers these forums and other forums like macrumours to ascertain customer satisfaction/disatisfaction, bugs and public trends. if enough people report bugs/concerns or wishes apple will listen.

i was not asking apple for the answer. i was asking the forum. i was inadvertently making a jovial retort to apple to make a fix.

Message was edited by: timjimchau

Feb 10, 2011 8:51 AM in response to timjimchau

I have no idea where you get your information from but it certainly isn't a reliable source. If you go through the TOU, you will see where Apple distinctly stated that they do NOT in fact monitor this forums for problems.

A much more reliable way to get Apple attention is to use the feedback sites listed at

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

| ___________________

Allan
User uploaded file

Feb 10, 2011 9:02 AM in response to Allan Eckert

granted. however i wouldn't discount that apple indirectly monitors these sites with fervour. i don't need sources to speculate that employee's come home from work and view these boards, garner opinions from their "homework" and implement back at the office where they don't monitor "discussions".

however, this still is far far away from the simple statement i was originally making. to put it another way, i was merely standing in front of the apple store yelling at steve on the 600th floor pleading for an answer.

allan, as a member of 12000 posts, how about some form of guidance toward an answer rather than spouting references toward the TOU. it's not really helping me.

yahoo sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.