Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record video from external webcam (Logitech Vision Pro)

My external webcam is the following.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-QuickCam-Vision-Pro-Black/dp/B001AOK7KI/ref=sr11?ie=UTF8&qid=1287110492&sr=8-1

I try to use iMovie '09 to record the movie from my external webcam. I click the record icon, then I want to choose the external webcam but I simply don't see that option.

Does anybody know what program I should use to record videos from my external webcam?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 6:54 AM

Hi,

You can use your external camera in Quicktime.

Plug your camera into your mac.
Start Quicktime
Choose File - New Movie Recording

Once that window opens your mac will automatically choose your internal isight camera.

Toward the right side of the control bar that comes up is a small triangle pointing downward.

Click on that triangle and a menu will come up giving you the option of what camera to use along with where you want the sound to be recorded from as well as quality and the option to save it where you want.

Simply change your settings and you are good to go.

I hope this helps you.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2010 6:54 AM in response to pengyu.ut

Hi,

You can use your external camera in Quicktime.

Plug your camera into your mac.
Start Quicktime
Choose File - New Movie Recording

Once that window opens your mac will automatically choose your internal isight camera.

Toward the right side of the control bar that comes up is a small triangle pointing downward.

Click on that triangle and a menu will come up giving you the option of what camera to use along with where you want the sound to be recorded from as well as quality and the option to save it where you want.

Simply change your settings and you are good to go.

I hope this helps you.

How to record video from external webcam (Logitech Vision Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.