Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with certficates - problems with CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED & validating

I'm having problems with my machine, and it appears to be a certificate problem. The problems first started showing up with codesigning and when trying to re-install XCode. I've been trying to understand things through keychain, but I don't know if what I'm seeing is normal or not.

I've got two copies of Apple Root CA and Apple Root Certificate Authority in my keychains (one of each in "System", one of each in "System Roots"). I have no idea if that is normal or if that part of the problem. These all show up with "This root certificate is not trusted". I'm assuming that's OK, maybe that's part of the problem? (They are all have trust set to "use system defaults").

The Apple Worldwide Developer Relations intermediate certificate that I download from Apple doesn't appear to find or trust the Apple Root CA (in keychain, the AWWDR shows "This certificate was signed by an unknown authority, and keychain "evaluate" doesn't find a root certificate, even though Apple Root CA is in the keychain).

Note that the AWWDR certificate says that it's issuer was Apple Root CA, serial number 25, version 3, but the Apple Root CA certificate says that it's serial number 2, version 3. I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

The big problem is that because of what I believe to be certificate problems, I'm getting the CSSMERR TP_NOTTRUSTED error reported when I try to codesign or even when I try to install the iPhone SDK.

I did have my motherboard replaced a couple of months back, but things were working just fine (including codesigning) after that, and suddenly stopped working (I don't know when, I just know that I noticed the problem around Oct 12).

For what it's worth, the error when trying to install XCode (with iPhone SDK) is:
10/16/10 12:20:02 PM Installer[1582] Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 UserInfo=0x19dd99d0 "The package “iPhoneSDKTools.pkg” is untrusted." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-2147409622 UserInfo=0x1aa22360 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR TP_NOTTRUSTED")

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 3:18 PM

1 reply

Help with certficates - problems with CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED & validating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.