Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Restarts When Shut Down

My Mini is a basic 2Ghz dual processor Intel model running 10.6.4. I run it almost exclusively via Desktop Sharing from a Macbook, but it has a keyboard and mouse connected. When I shut it down, about half the time, it starts up again in a few seconds. I've been very careful to select "shut down", not "restart". I've turned off the preference that causes it to "listen" for network activity. I can't see any particular set of conditions that exist when this happens that don't exist when it doesn't.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this they can share?

iMac 27" i7, Macbook Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 2G RAM, Dual 2Ghz PCI G5, 2G RAM 10.5.8, Mac OS X (10.6.4), MOTU 828 Mk 3, 2408 Mk 2, and Micro Lite. DP 7.1, Logic 8.02, UAD-1

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 10:24 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2011 8:47 AM in response to bayswater

Just want to chime in and say I'm also having this problem. It seems to happen quite randomly, I haven't seen any pattern to it yet. I've ensured "restart after power failure" is off. I do have an automatic startup time set, which works correctly, but that shouldn't normally cause it to turn on immediately after shutting down.

Mini Restarts When Shut Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.