Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do LIVE broadcasts of sporting events With My MacBook?

I want to broadcast live basketball games for my son's school. I would like to do audio and video broadcasts. I have a 13 inch Macbook Unibody (not Pro). Is this possible? And what extra equipment do I need?

Thanks,

Curt

Macbook 13.3 Unibody, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.4ghz 320gb 4gb RAM

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 10:10 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2010 11:41 AM in response to IamR.Ph.

How are you planning to do these broadcasts?

Your MacBook includes a camera and microphone. Unless you have your own radio (TV?) broadcasting set up you will need a broadband internet connection from wherever you are broadcasting from.

How are your listeners (and viewers) going to be receiving your broadcasts?

You will probably need a server set up somewhere to receive and distribute your material. Such a set up may also require additional software.

Best of luck.

Oct 19, 2010 9:24 AM in response to laundry bleach

I am wanting for the public to be able to listen to or watch my son's school's basketball, baseball and football games via their home computer. Currently, no local radio station broadcasts their games because they are a smaller school and there's not enough local advertising to make it attractive to broadcast the games over air.

The Macbook's camera will not be able to film the action on court, as it occurs. I would like to use an external camera and plug it into the USB on the Macbook and then broadcast over the web so people could watch on their computer or listen over iPhone.

Do you know of any Servers that could be used for live broadcasts? I have seen some, but they've said for "Windows" based PC's. I want something Mac compatible.

Can I do LIVE broadcasts of sporting events With My MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.