Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Matrox MX02 mini not working

Just got a new Matrox MX02 Mini. I'v installed the PCIe card seemingly successfully - it's showing up in the system profiler under "Other Multimedia". I downloaded and installed the software package 2.0 from the Matrox site.

But when I go into Final Cut I get no option for Matrox under Video Playback. And no video or audio is playing through my Matrox (as far as I can tell).

I'm on a Mac Pro running 10.6.4 and Final Cut 6.0.6. Trying to go out from my Matrox HDMI to a Panasonic HD TV monitor and with audio going to external speakers.

Thanks for any help.

Seth

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core; 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 12:13 PM

7 replies

Oct 18, 2010 12:39 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks, MtD. For some reason just opening System Profiler prompted everything to kick-in. New firmware downloaded, etc.

So now I can see the Matrox options in the Video Playback menu in FCP and the audio is now running through the Matrox to my external speakers but still getting no video image. I'm trying to go HDMI out of the Matrox box to my HD tv.

My seq. is XDCAM EX 1080p30 (35 Mb/s VBR) so I've chosen Matrox MXO2 Mini - 1080P 29.97 YUV 8-bit (1920 x 1080) in the Video Playback menu.

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2010 8:46 PM in response to sbomse1

Just got my new MXO2 Mini MAX, and it won't even power up. The pci-e card does NOT show up in the System Profiler under PCI cards. I tried the card in two other slots, still not showing up as being seen by the MacPro (2009 Quad Intel). The card also did not show up when installed in our other MacPro (2007 Intel). All cable connections, including power are according to Hoyle. Should I be seeing a light come on inside the MXO2 mini box? As it is now, no light, no life.
I pre-installed the driver, and in System Prefs the Matrox MXO2 mini icon reports: "..video hardware not found." The Product Name, S/N, and Firmware Version are all blank lines. Software version is 2.0.0.
Thanks,
Mark.

Snow Leopard 10.6.5
FCP Studio 3
MacPro Quad (2009 Intel)

new Matrox MX02 mini not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.