Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target Mode with PCMCIA Firewire Card??

Just bought a 17" PowerBook. Planned to use migration tool to move data and info from my old 15" TiBook. BUT!! My TiBook's internal Firewire port fried a couple of years ago and I've been using a PCMCIA Firewire card. Can you access Target Mode through an external Firewire card?? Doesn't seem so.

When I boot with "T", it comes up in target mode, but migration tool doesn't recognize the target mode machine thru pcmcia firewire.

Any solution?

Jim

17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz HiRes, Mac OS X (10.4.3), 512 MByte RAM - 120 GByte Drive

Posted on Dec 7, 2005 11:55 PM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2005 9:25 AM in response to HeyJP

If you are able to mount an external FW drive on your Ti's desktop using the PCMCIA adapter, then perhaps you can clone your TiBook's HD to the external and then use the external as a source drive for Migration Assistant. (You are able to use a bootable clone on an external FW drive as a source for Migration Assistant, in any case.)

Good luck!

Tuttle

User uploaded file

1421/8129

Target Mode with PCMCIA Firewire Card??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.