Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely cancelling a download

I made the mistake of clicking on the wrong TV show as a free download. I have tried several times to stop a download by right clicking on it and choosing DELETE. However, once I close iTunes and reopen it the download resumes. This happens everytime I reopen iTunes. Does anyone have any idea on how to stop this from happening?

HP pavillion, Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 7:28 AM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2010 8:51 AM in response to CooleGuy

Once an item enters the download queue, the user cannot remove it. Either let it complete the download (easiest) or contact the iTunes Store customer support department through the Contact page (select the closest topic and subtopic and you'll see an "Email Us" button) and ask them if they'll remove the item(s) from your queue for you.

Regards.

Completely cancelling a download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.